2.3

This is a description of just one of the numerous bad experiences I've had with this company, and i KNOW I'm not alone.Please read this in it's entirety before attempting to bid or purchase an item of ANY value on their site, hopefully the time I've taken to write this will save others time and aggrivation, going nowhere with their "customer service" department.

So, i have been buying on PR for a few years now and have spent well over $16,000 purchasing 6 full size trucks as well as random smaller things from them. I don't think the site is a scam, but they DO commit illegal acts of extortion and theft which are represented as their Terms Of Service. Basically, you place a bid like any other auction, many vehicles have a reserve and like any other auction site, if you don't meet the reserve you don't necessarily win thei item for your purchase. However, at their discretion, they MAY accept your winning bid and offer the vehicle to you for that amount.

Now this site has been around since 2005 and I believe i found it around 2012 or so, so for atleast 7 years, they have been selling vehicles to the best of my knowledge. Now, a few times I won a particular vehicle but put a low credit limit card on the account because the way they work is if you win, or your bid is ultimately accepted in a "reserve not met" situation, they will AUTOMATICALLY charge your card, so if you attach a $500 CC to the account let's say, and your bid is $501, the payment will NOT automatically go through, and they will list a "payment issue" on your account which if not resolved will release you from purchasing the vehicle and MAY BAR YOU FROM THE SITE AFTER ONLY ONE OCCURANCE! I have seen MANY vehicles end with the reserve not met, with a high bid I'm SURE would have been accepted as per my own experiences, sale prices of past comparable vehicles, etc., so I'm SURE they don't block EVERY person who bids and doesn't ultimately buy the vehicle, otherwise they wouldn't have very many customers. Many times I had to fight with their customer service dept to be able to bid again and had to continually remind them of the thousands, and thousands I've spent on purchases on their site.

Now, this wasn't always the case, only after a few instances early on to me using the site, did they impart a pop-up window with check boxes prior to placing a bid. I won MANY items before this was initiated and feel VERY strongly this was a direct result of my interactions with them, to try and prevent similar occurances from happening again. Now, regardless of whether you win or your bid is accepted for $100 or 10,000, they plainly state in their terms of service that if the item is not picked up within 10 days, that the vehicle is forfeited, and they KEEP YOUR MONEY! Call me crazy, but taking money from someone and then giving them nothing in return is, what, STEALING, RIGHT??

I recently tried to leave a review on BBB, but they say you can't leave a review for a company if you also file a complaint against them. Huh? How does that make ANY sense? Also a business PAYS the BBB for their rating, so hwo is that even remotely fair either?

BBB aside, as we're not reviewing them now, only using them as a reference and stating what is already publicly viewable on their site, PropertyRoom has has 37 complaints in just the last 3 years alone on BBB's website, 13 of which were from 2016 alone! There are many other review sites on the internet, (and I plan to try and visit them all, heh), that have WAY more bad revies than that, moreso for things like severly inflated shipping, ridiculous return stories, refund refusals, things like that, but my main concern is that I have gotten to the point where the same two women in control of their customer service department have apparently become "fed up" with dealing me, and have now blocked me from the site. I can open a new account easily and continue bidding and buying, but I want my account unlocked as it is, I have bought 6 full-size trucks from them, apple products, power hand tools, art, jewelery, etc.

and have spent well over $16,000 on their site, and to be treated this way only to have them skate responsibility and continue to rip people off with impugnity is an abomination, there MUST be provisions in place to protect consumers from this type of treatment, if only in response to them attempting to steal well over $600 from me, only to get a portion of it back almost a year later.Something needs to be done about this site, but for the time being, I want everyone that cares to know just how unscrupulous this company is and how nothing is being done about it.

Review about: Propertyroom Account.

I liked: Online auction alternative to ebay local items no sniping.

I didn't like: Atrocious customer service blatant theft of member funds.

Had an Experience with Propertyroom?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion